Monday, May 24, 2010

the Final Countdown....

well sort of anyways :) We had an appointment last Friday and were able to take the baby's measurments...again. What do you know, he's still quite large! He was measuring at about 7 and a half pounds, which is a good 2 weeks ahead of where 'normal' is. It puts him right around 10lbs if I was to go to 40 weeks, which my doctor is not conerned about. Apparently, he is confident that i would have no problems pushing out a 10 pound baby, lol! However, the doctor is concerned with the baby's head measurements, which were putting him at 41 weeks! He's got quite the noggin! Basically if I was to continute to my due date, his head would not fit and I would definitley be having a c-section. NO THANKS!
So really, the countdown begins on Thursday, we have another appt. and we will be getting the date that i will be induced. Sounds kind of funny actually, getting told the day your baby will be born :) I was very positive in the beginning of my pregnancy that i would be going into labor naturally, aka, no inducing for this girl...so much for that! :) I will admit, i was a little dissapointed to hear that I would for sure be getting induced, but I have an amazing doctor who I trust completely. And honestly I really do not want to be forced into a c-section if i can avoid it. Whatever is best for me and the little man is what I'm going with!
It's very exciting, but also a little annoying....seriously I can't WAIT for thursday! I can't believe i'm going to get to meet this little guy soon. I have been so blessed with such a wonderful pregnancy, and Jared and I are SO ready to be parents officially!!!

7 comments:

Bryan and Katie said...

a huge noggin just means he's really really smart...it's a good thing. but WOW, I'm really excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see him either!!!! seriously, I have butterflies for you!

Julia said...

Good luck! Don't stress about being induced, I was with both of my babies and in a lot of ways, it's so so nice to not have to worry about when you are in real labor or if Jared will be around when you are and how to get to the hospital alone... all of that. Just to be told come in on this day and you'll have your baby. Then you get a good night sleep, have everything for sure ready and makes it nice if anyone is coming in to town to see the baby, you know exactly when. It really is handy!

The Tieman Family said...

I was induced both times, I liked it- I did all of my laudry and rocery shopping and cleaning the day before I had them, so we could just relax when we got home for a while.
Good Luck- we're excited to meet him

Desiree Hunter said...

Yeah that it so exciting!! I dont think I want to induce either, but my hubby was two ounces away from being a ten pound baby so I may be in the same boat as you are in a few months.. Congrats again and hang in there!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

You'll do great Im sure with whatever happens! Im excited for you! I just hope that my baby will come really soon! Your little guy will probably end up being born before my little one!

Bryan and Katie said...

Becky! How are you doing??

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.