Tuesday, October 12, 2010

4 Months

<----- This is what Kaleb looked like after he got his shots, and man is he LOUD! He doesn't whine or cry much, but when he does, it is ear piercing! Time is just flying by and he is getting cuter and more fun by the second! Happy to report a healthy baby from his appointment this morning. His doctor pretty much said the usual...'your child is an abnormally good baby'...trust me, i count my blessings. He also said he is extremely strong and active for his age, burning tons of calories, which is probably the reason he is so skinny. He did address his big head again, and said he is almost positive we will be putting him in a helmet to correct his Brachycephaly w/ Plagiocephaly....Basically his head is way flat, and because of the force of the vacuum plus my pelvic bone, his flat spot moved, making it alot harder to correct on it's own. We've done really well with keeping him on his tummy, but it just doesn't seem to be working. So at 6 months he will go in for a evaluation to see if we need a helmet. I'm not too concerned with the helmet, he won't have to be in it that long, and he will still look adorable as ever! Other than all that he is doing great, and we have been so blessed to have him be a part of our family!
Here's his 4 months stats....
14.5lbs - (29th percentile for weight)
26inches - (75th percentile for height)
41 inch head circumference - (97th percentile!)
so we have a tall, skinny, big headed cutie pie! :)

9 comments:

Julia said...

Ah so cute! His percents are about the same as my baby, she is skinny and huge headed, haha. Glad to hear he is doing well and he will be adorable with his little helmet!

Desiree Hunter said...

I love your big-headed baby!!!!
By the way I was going to ask you.. If your insurance didn't cover it (since most don't these days) how much did it cost at Dr Pham to do a circumcision? If you don't mind me asking just because we're thinking of making Dr Pham our pediatrician as well...

Josh and Claudia Tieman said...

I can't believe he is 4 months! Time goes by TOO FAST!

Val said...

Oh my word he is a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! i just wanna reach through my computer screen and snuggle him :) Oh, and I read the other comment about circumcision....we had a nurse spill the beans that it's hundreds of dollars cheaper to do it in the hospital...and then sometimes your insurance WILL cover it. You probably already knew but just in case :)

Kelly said...

I love little Kaleb and miss him so much...hard to believe he is already four months old...seems like it was just the other day that I held him...can't wait to see him again.

Bryan and Katie said...

awww his cute lil lip stinking out makes me so sad!! He's gonna look like a cute lil football player-adoreable : )

The Tieman Family said...

Wow, 4 months already?? It seems like a week or two ago we went and saw you in the hospital. He's adorable!

Donna said...

Such a cute little bugger! And I can attest to the screaming - loudest I've ever heard for such a small guy! Maybe he'll sing opera for you, Becky :) Oh and Kaleb will be happy with that helmet. More protection from Tanner's headbutting. :)

Krause Crew said...

41 inch head really is huge