Saturday, April 10, 2010

whoa baby!


So, Friday we had our 30 week appointment, which included a 3D ultrasound.....super cool!! It was so neat to get to see our little guy and get a better picture of what he's gonna look like. Makes it all feel very real and very very exciting to finally see him and hold him!
He cooperated really well, so we got some good pictures! They also did his measurements before they started taking 3D shots and let me tell you, I was shocked! They'll get a good shot of his head and his belly and measure around them, while they're measuring you can see on the screen about how far along it puts you. When the tech was measuring his head it was showing 34 weeks! I thought, okay, maybe he just has a big head....but he was still measuring at 34 weeks after he did the other measurments. They estimated his weight at 4lbs 11oz!!! Basically he's HUGE considering I'm at 30 weeks....most babies at this point are right arounf 3 pounds. I passed my glucose tolerance test, so the doctor said it's definitely not gestational diabetes...he said it looks like i'm just bound to have big babies. They also said that at this rate I'm looking at a 10 pound baby, at least! Excuse me?!
Needless to say i freaked a little at the thought of pushing out a GIANT, but McKernan is awesome and made me feels tons better. We're gonna have another ultrasound to do big boy's measurements and see where that will put me for delivery. Most likely I'll have to be induced somewhat early...just depends on how big he gets.
Certainly makes things interesting, but either way i'm SO excited to finally see him, and super happy that all is well and baby is doing good!









7 comments:

The Tieman Family said...

Big Baby!!! Parker had a big giant head, so don't worry too much- you'll survive... i did- good luck with it all- we're excited for you!

Kelly said...

He's beautiful...I love these pictures. You weighed in at 9 pounds and 6 ounces and I made it =) You'll do just fine...can't wait to hold the little man.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

How fun! Love the pictures! My sisters babys always measure about three weeks ahead but she had them right on time or late and they were all 8 pounds.Her biggest was 8 pounds 5 ounces. My sister is 5'11 and her hubby is 6'1. Her kids just had big heads and long skinny bodies! Im sure you'll do great! I was a big baby 9 pounds and 6 ounces! And if you get induced early then you will probably end up having him before me!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

I mean I was 9 pounds 3 ounces!

Bryan and Katie said...

WOW! He is BEAUTIFUL! He is totally allowed to marry our baby : )

Val said...

whoa is right! You'll do great though. Hopefully he comes out with lots of rolls. Cute!!

cntgetenoughxD said...

hey im sorry to bother you but i wanted to noe how did u dset up ur blog it looks great i wanted to noe how did u download that baqground and such and how did u put pictures to the side sorry if im bothering but i just wanted to noe thak u please rigth ot me as soon as u get this