Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Work is REALLY Boring!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rain!!! It's incredible and there is nothing like the smell of rain to put me in a good mood. Too bad being at work is offsetting that happy feeling. Seriously, I work at a school, well technically in the District Office, but what school employee works today....me! It wouldn't be so bad if the office wasn't right next to an elementary school, noone is there today, so it makes me feel like I shouldn't be here today either! BUT, i came into work at 6 this morning, and it was so dark and peaceful. No screaming kids, no crabby teachers, no stuffy district peopl to deal with, it was GREAT! I just sat on the playground when i first got in and enjoyed simply watching the rain. It looked so beautiful coming down between all the trees and the basketball court lights just barely illuminated it, like i said...INCREDIBLE!!! Rain is one of my most favorite things in the whole world!!! OH, and I checked the weather for this weekend at the cabin...80% chance of snow tonight and tomorrow, YES!!

*on a side note, did anyone see the sunrise this morning, WOW! I've never seen such beautiful shades of orange!! LOVE this day

4 comments:

Donna said...

Lucky!

Bryan and Katie said...

i feel ya sister. remember when we used to go out and play in the rain in front of the bookstore? man, i miss seeing you every day. happy rain day!

Unknown said...

hmmm I LOVE the rain but LOVE the snow more. I can't wait til we get some and it stays......

Val said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky. We have no such luck here in NM... we did wake up to a snow-storm one morning though but it melted by 10am.