Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my new favorite item

I don't usually post things like this, but I had to share my new found love for the Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags! I know it sounds lazy right...why don't you just get a veggie steamer and do it the real way......but, these little microwavable gifts from heaven are perfect for us!!!!
We are really busy people these days! And we've been trying to eat healthy, which is really time consuming and expensive!! But anyways, i can prepare all my meals in the morning, portion them out and at dinner time i just throw the veggies in the steam bag and
*BAM* 2 minutes later they are perfectly steamed and ready to eat! You don't even have to add water or butter....all i put in with them is the wonderful Bruce's Seasoning (pretty much a staple on everything we cook) and they taste awesome! I will never go back to steaming them in a pot..unless maybe i have more time in the evening to make dinner. But for now, this works and it saves me major time, LOVE THEM!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i have been buying them since they came out!!
i love them..
also the veggies in the frozen section that come in steamer bags. come on.. i am in the stage in my life i want it easy. don't throw tomatoes.. i did buy them a couple of times.. if you can get them on sale thy are so worth it!!
if not just buy the bigger frozen bags and buy the ziploc steamer bags.. so much easer even for frozen!!

also we like you to blog about things you find to make your life easier.. more fun.. exciting..etc.

Jeffrey and Venessa said...

I now have to go and find those! We too have been trying to eat healthy and it kills me because every day on top of work and everything else, I have to make lunches for both of us and dinner so those look very handy!! Thanks for that post!

*Lindsey* said...

I saw a commercial for those the other and thought what a great idea. Thanks for the review!

pollywallydoodle said...

those can really leave a burn if you are not careful--but heck yah those little buggers are a must!! xoxoxo here's to healthy eating in 2009!!!