Monday, March 15, 2010

SPRING break?

Yes I work for a School District, but NO i do NOT get Spring Break off....I am a 12 month employee, so I don't get any normal school breaks off. All i get is the regular holidays, think of a bank, or post office schedule...that's me! :)
It gets better tho, in an attempt to save the district money, they usually make it mandatory to take Friday's off during these week long no school periods. This does not mean they give us a paid day off on Fridays...it means if we don't want to use a vacation day we must work 4, 10 hour days, and boy do I love working for 10 hours :) I was not made to work for ten hours at a time...ever!

Jared on the other hand, loves the idea of working longer hours if you get an longer weekend....I wish we could switch this week.....But I am glad he gets a week off of school, he deserves a break even though I know he won't give himself anytime to relax. that is just how the man operates. I love my dear sweet husband, I do not understand his constant need to be doing something, but I am thankful for him and all the things he does. I can pretty much guarantee that during his week 'off' he will finish any school assignments possible, he will study alot. Our house will be ridiculously clean. He will do more yardwork than normal. He will go grocery shopping. He will do all the laundry that I ignored this last weekend. He will work on projects that have been ignored lately, like hanging up pictures, cleaning out the garage and i'm sure he will put the crib together. And when i get home from my 10 hour work days he will give me back rubs and listen to me complain about how horrible my day was.

I have THE greatest husband in the WORLD!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I feel your pain...I remember those good ole days at Nadaburg. You are indeed lucky to have such a wonderful husband...all of my girls have been bless with great guys!