Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hanging Out

So I decided to take the kids for a walk today since our playgroup was cancelled....everything was too wet at the park! Anyways, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but there are a ton of hills around here! So everywhere we go, there is a lot of downhill and uphill walking. Soooo, as I'm huffing and puffing, and pushing the kids up one of the hills this woman comes jogging passes us with her dog. She gave a nice little smile, but I'm sure my returned smile looked something like a dying woman, who can barely make it up this hill :) Yah, I felt great about myself as she jogged on up, so needless to say I gotta take these kids out on walks more! Jared did make me feel slightly better by stating that I was pushing up a double stroller, thanks for trying honey :)
We stopped at the park, had some goodies, watched some golfers, and squealed at a few dogs...it was a good trip. On the way back home we saw this bad boy perched in a tree. I wish I had a better camera, because when he flew off I wanted a picture of his wings spread out, but my camera got a really crappy shot! You can't really tell by the picture but he was pretty big! the tree he was on is HUGE, so those branches are actually really big branches...they look kinda small in the picture.
It was a fun, quick little afternoon out of the house, which is pretty rare around here with all the ghetto wind! Here's to hoping for more cool, breezy days so we can enjoy this lovely weather!!!


No comments: