Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NOVEMBER 21st...what a day!!

Metallica Concert Nov.21st 7:00pm
The day that never comes(or at least felt like it wouldn't) FINALLY CAME!
YES! Jared and I were lucky enough to go the Metallica concert at the Jobing.com arena last night!! It was the opener of the Death Magnetic tour and it was amazing!! This album rocked and they played lots of songs from it! The band ditched their softer side and brought us the great Metallica Metal Music!!! Oh how i missed it! We were 3 rows from the pit and then the stage was 30 feet away or so....our seats kicked butt!! We got to rock out to one of the best bands ever! for 3 blissful hours!!! I may not be able to speak today, and i my ears might still be ringing by the weekend, but it was SO worth it people!!! The crowd was incredibly loud, I think the band could have played pure crap and they still would have screamed all night! James Hetfield was ridiculous...that man had so much energy! If they ever come back, you absolutely have to go, what a night!!!!! My favorite performances were "the end of the line", "master of puppets"(yes they played the whole wonderful song), and "nothing else matters"......I think my hearing was pretty much gone by the 2nd encore but I could still feel the beat from Lars pounding away on those drums, I think I still do, but it may just be a headache :)

SETLIST if anyone is curious....how do you create a setlist of 15 songs from Metallica?!?! SO many to choose from, but these rocked

1. “That Was Just Your Life” (Death Magnetic)

2. “The End of the Line” (Death Magnetic)

3. “Sad But True”

4. “Wherever I May Roam”

5. “One”

6. “Broken, Beat & Scarred” (Death Magnetic)

7. “Cyanide” (Death Magnetic)

8. “Frantic”

9. “Until It Sleeps”

10. “The Four Horsemen”

11. “The Day That Never Comes” (Death Magnetic)

12. “Master of Puppets”

13. “Fight Fire with Fire”

14. “Nothing Else Matters”

15. “Enter Sandman”

Encore 1: “Last Caress”
Encore 2: “So What”
Encore 3: “Seek & Destroy”

5 comments:

Krause Crew said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. I am not a big music or concert fan, so I am glad you got to do something you and Jared love so much.

Donna said...

Sounds like loud crazy fun. Good for you. But I think you meant Oct. 21 :) But Nov. 21st will be a good day as well :)

Beckums said...

LOL, that's hilarious Donna!!! I was thinking about twilight when i was posting this...tooo funny, i'm just gonna leave it!

jer. said...

Becky is a Noooob. =) Glad you had good times. I'm sure you are well aware that Jer is way jealous!

Julia said...

What a day is right! That day is my birthday! Concert sounds fun though. nice!