Monday, March 9, 2009

New Calling!

So, since our ward recently split and we ended up in the 'new ward' there were a lot of callings to be assigned. I though for sure that we would end up staying in scouts because we really had the hang of things and there would be 10 boys in it! So when the 1st counselor said he wanted to come see us last week, I was ready to continue with scouting....SO i was totally thrown off when they asked me to be the 2nd couselor for Young Womens!!! I was a little nervous yesterday when they did the sustaining just because I could tell all the girls were really interested to find out who their new leaders would be, but I am so exited for this new calling!!! I hope i can be a good example and a good leader for all of them and that they don't hate me!
Also, Jared is now the 11 yr old scout leader, and he gets to go on outings now!! I think he's really exited to be in boy scouts now because they get to do so much more than the cub scouts program. I know he'll be great and those boys will have a blast with him!

5 comments:

Steven and Chelsea said...

how ironic is it that i'm the second counselor in yw in our ward and steven is the 11 year old scout leader? haha they are great callings, but soooo much work!! you guys will do great!

Krause Crew said...

Young Womens is blessed to have someone like you. You'll still be busy, but I think it will be more fun than Cub Scouts.

Jared will be great with the boys. He has the right "attitude" to deal with that age group.

Maybe, we'll end up in your ward. That would be so fun.

Joann said...

Young Womens. Woo WHoo. That'll be tons of fun. Anthony was the 11yr old scout leader too for a but, but his busy schedule and going out of town middle of the week didin't work out too well. But he enjoyed it for the little time it lasted.

Daisy's Realm said...

I think you both will be great in your new callings. Becky with your loveing ways you will touch many yougn woman, and Jared with his 'attitude' will definalty benift them 11 year olds. He'll do great! fun fun!

Bryan and Katie said...

YOU will be awesome, a lil becky marble is exactly what those young women need! YAY beehives!