Monday, June 18, 2012

a happy father's day indeed

I had so much fun pampering Jared for Father's Day yesterday!  He really is an amazing dad, and husband so he deserved it!  He helps around the house without me ever having to ask, he doesn't complain about changing stinky diapers, he treats me like one special lady, and he loves spending time with his kids!!! I really am lucky to have him and I really wanted him to know how much I appreciate him every single day so I had a great Fathers Day planned for him!

I found some awesome printables online that I used for the banner and some extra to put on all his presents.  I made a super yummy breakfast for him to eat in bed....even though he ended up eating it on the couch :)  I made him stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer, and we had the most delicious Pork Chops and Garlic Mashed Potatoes for Dinner.  If that wasn't enough, the day was finished off by the most ridiculous dessert ever! (don't worry I will include a link to the recipe)

Here are all the presents he got, including an adorable little card craft I found on Pinterest :)
his favorite: super soft Chocolate Chips Cookies in a big ol jar!
I didn't get a picture of him holding them unwrapped :(  But he got his fav root beer soda, a big pack of Reeses, some bags of beef jerky, the movie: Coming to America, and a picture frame(see below)

here is a close up of the card craft i mentioned...and yes those are cutouts of Kalebs hand prints, which were VERY difficult to get!

Pictures of the kids with a cute quote i found online...thanks for the input on the quote.  I actually ended up printing all 3, but this one just looked best with this frame and the 2 pictures that i picked out.

and the pièce de résistance, the dessert that took like 2 days to make :)  108 Oreo Cake, yes there are 108 oreos used to make this cake, 3 packages to be exact! It was as good as it looks, and extremely rich!!!

I got the recipe here, at Something Swanky, and her pictures are much prettier than mine...it's a super fun blog and there are a million other recipes I would love to try from there, but I think i need a good month to work off the calories from this one before I try any more :)

It was a really fun and busy father's day for the best guy around, we LOVE you Jared!!


2 comments:

Bryan and Katie said...

OH MY GOSH. that looks delicious!! I am so making it even if it does take 2 days!! It would be super yum in a jar I'm sure!!
LOVE all the ties!! SO cute!!

Desiree Hunter said...

Cute frame!! I used Pinterest this year too. Gotta love it!