Friday, June 22, 2012

Miss Independent

Tenley REALLY loves to feed herself, but she certainly doesn't has the skills to do it very well with many of the foods she eats.   Her favorites are finger foods of course, because she can actually get it into her mouth!  She gets so mad at the stuff she can't handle so you would think she would just cave and let me feed her....nope!  I was trying to spoon feed her some oatmeal this morning but she just kept screaming at me for the spoon.  I finally gave up and just decided to let her go for it, and oh the sticky mess she made!  
This is what happens when you let an 8 month old feed themselves oatmeal :)
The pictures don't really do it justice!  There were little bits of oatmeal everywhere!!  I did my best to clean her up with some paper towels and baby wipes but it just wasn't hacking it.  I really didn't want to have to throw her in the bath; I mean most the time the kids don't get a bath before dinner unless there is an extreme mess emergency.  I guess the sticky oatmeal version of my cute daughter qualified, so she got a very early bath today :)
She is finally to the point where she enjoys tub time, she used to hate baths so much that i just took her in the shower with me all the time.  Now that she sits up really well and crawls around she loves splashing around in the tub.  I bathe the kids together a lot but Kaleb ends up splashing her too much or she just messes up his  toy arrangements on the side of the tub....


No comments: